Nurses Pre-Congress Workshop
If you are interested in attending the Nursing Pre-Congress Workshop, which will be held on 4 July 2018 from 10:00–17.15 please register via the online registration portal.
Invitation to FFN nursing delegates:
• Are you passionate about the nursing care of patients with or at risk of fragility fractures?
• Do you want to be part of an education project that could involve you delivering FFN’s New Strategies in Nursing Education Programme?
• Are you willing to act as a champion for an education project aimed at improving nursing care in hospital and/or community nursing settings for patients with or at risk of fragility fractures?
• Would you like to know more about the programme and how you could be involved in delivering it?
Prior to the FFN congress in Dublin we would like to invite nurses in senior and leadership roles in orthopaedic and orthogeriatric settings and fracture liaison services to attend a workshop. Attendees could include; ward and unit managers and nurses who are in positions in which they lead other nurses and/or have a responsibility for clinical education in their own setting.
The aim of the workshop is to provide champions of the NSNEFF project with an understanding of the new strategies in nursing education programme so that they can prepare to deliver and share the programme in their own locality.
At the end of the workshop attendees will be able to:
1. Explain the background and development to date of the New Strategies in Nursing Education in Fragility Fracture (NSNEFF) programme, its aims and objectives
2. Understand the educational philosophy underpinning the delivery of the NSNEFF programme and apply it to delivery of the programme
3. Identify and explore how they might ensure they have and continue to develop the knowledge they will need to successfully deliver or support delivery of the programme
4. Deliver the programme in their own locality in a manner that is in keeping with the programme aims and outcomes.
5. Become part of a global team of nursing leaders wishing to improve care through education of nurses
Download the Agenda for the Workshop here.